This wiki page is about a gentoo ebuild. Include any information about how to install it (emerge it), potential problems and how to resolve them. Be bold and improve it!
If you have any questions or experience any problem related to this ebuild, don't hesitate to open a new ticket and we'll do our best to assist you.
Description: Rotates, compresses, and mails system logs
* Messages for package app-admin/logrotate-3.14.0:
* The logrotate binary is now installed under /usr/bin. Please
* update your links
* logrotate state file is now located at /var/lib/misc/logrotate.status
* See bug #357275
* If you are running systemd you might need to run:
* systemd-tmpfiles --create /usr/lib/tmpfiles.d/logrotate.conf
* in order to create the new location of the logrotate state file
* If you wish to have logrotate e-mail you updates, please
* emerge virtual/mailx and configure logrotate in
* /etc/logrotate.conf appropriately
* Additionally, /etc/logrotate.conf may need to be modified
* for your particular needs. See man logrotate for details.
- Gentoo package: Package: app-admin/logrotate.
- Gentoo bugs: Bugs: app-admin/logrotate.