This wiki page is about a gentoo ebuild. Include any information about how to install it (emerge it), potential problems and how to resolve them. Be bold and improve it!
If you have any questions or experience any problem related to this ebuild, don't hesitate to open a new ticket and we'll do our best to assist you.
* Messages for package x11-drivers/nvidia-drivers:
* You must be in the video group to use the NVIDIA device
* For more info, read the docs at
* This ebuild installs a kernel module and X driver. Both must
* match explicitly in their version. This means, if you restart
* X, you must modprobe -r nvidia before starting it back up
* To use the NVIDIA GLX, run "eselect opengl set nvidia"
* To use the NVIDIA CUDA/OpenCL, run "eselect opencl set nvidia"
* NVIDIA has requested that any bug reports submitted have the
* output of nvidia-bug-report.sh included.
* (Note: Above message is only printed the first time package is
* installed. Please look at /usr/share/doc/nvidia-drivers-375.26/README.gentoo*
* for future reference)
The uvm USE flag is necessary to use nvenc: